Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Workout Heart Rate Regularly "Grays Out" and Is Not Readable

I have a Series 6 Apple Watch, and when I use the Workout app when walking or running, the heart rate regularly grays out and is unreadable. I have attached two pictures, one showing the normal readable heart rate ("94 BMP") and the other showing the grayed out heart rate ("83 BPM"). When the heart rate grays out, it is often not readable for long time periods, e.g., 20-30 minutes.

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 6:38 AM

Checkout this article about getting the best performance for heart rate measurements

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT207941#heartrate

I also had issues of this sort and found that tightening the band slightly during workouts sorted it out. The article has loads of tips though. Enjoy.

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 24, 2021 6:45 AM in response to BethesdaJack

Check your personal details are correct in your health app profile.

Make sure the watch band is snug but not too tight.

Don't wear the watch on top of any tattoos.(Very important)

Check that the 2 side buttons aren't being accidently pressed by your hand or a sleeve

On your iPhone, go to Settings, then tap on Privacy and then select Location Services option and ensure that it is enabled.

On the Location Services section, tap on System Services and then toggle the Motion Calibration & Distance option to enable it.

Then go back to the Home Screen of your iPhone and launch the Watch app.

Then,tap on My Watch option, then tap on Privacy and toggle the Heart Rate option to enable it.

Go back to My Watch section, then tap on Passcode, and toggle the Wrist Detection option to enable it.

Finally, go back to My Watch section, then tap on Workout, and make sure Power Saving mode is disabled. If enabled, toggle the button to turn it off.

Workout Heart Rate Regularly "Grays Out" and Is Not Readable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.