Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV + and Paramount +

Hi, I am suscribed to Apple TV , and I have a TV that supports the Apple TV app. I am also suscribed to Paramount plus and I can watch movies within the Apple TV in my iPad. But when I tried to watch the movie in the TV, I do not see the Paramount channel neither any other channel which is available tru the App TV app in the iPad for example

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 10:16 AM

If you subscribed to Paramount Plus through their app then you need to use that app. The Apple TV app channels will be separate subscriptions, and availability can vary by region.

On Apple hardware 3rd party apps can integrate with that TV app, however smart TVs will only show content that is viewable directly.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2021 10:16 AM in response to mgbonelli

If you subscribed to Paramount Plus through their app then you need to use that app. The Apple TV app channels will be separate subscriptions, and availability can vary by region.

On Apple hardware 3rd party apps can integrate with that TV app, however smart TVs will only show content that is viewable directly.

Oct 24, 2021 4:35 PM in response to mgbonelli

Hello mgbonelli,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having an issues watching Paramount+ on your smart TV with the Apple TV app. The related article at the top of the page is a great place to start. What is the make and model of your smart TV?

Try following the steps in the resource below to access Paramount+ on your smart TV.

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Oct 25, 2021 6:06 AM in response to K_Faith

Hi, Thanks for the answer. My TV is Samsung Model UN50MU6100G

I followed the steps but when using the app in the TV, the only content Insee is the Apple TV + content. There is no other content available from any other channel even though I am subscribed to Paramount+

I do can see other content and channels in the Apple TV app in my IPad but the content displayed in the TV is different and limited

Oct 25, 2021 11:40 AM in response to vazandrew

Hi, I subscribed through the Apple TV app, I can see the Paramount content in the Apple TV app in my Ipad. But I can not see it in the Apple TV app in the TV samsung. I do not understand what you mean by "On Apple hardware 3rd party apps can integrate with that TV app, however smart TVs will only show content that is viewable directly. "

Oct 25, 2021 12:40 PM in response to mgbonelli

It means that when you are on iPad, you can subscribe directly through a 3rd party app (ie Paramount +) and still have integration with the TV app. On smart TV's there is no integration with other apps, and you will only have access to what's contained directly in the TV app.

If you want to confirm then go into your account and look at your subscriptions. If it shows "Paramount Plus on Apple TV" then that's the channel for the TV app. If it just says "Paramount Plus" then that's a direct subscription with Paramount's service and it will not work with the TV app on smart TV's.

Apple TV + and Paramount +

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.