Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Most of my received emails are stating storage is full but I am only using 70 of 256 that I am paying extra for

I can send emails but only receive a few. Senders receive error that I my storage is full but it is not

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 9:39 PM

See the section If you can't send mail from the Mail app on your Mac

in the article If iCloud Mail isn't working - Apple Support

4 replies

Oct 24, 2021 7:50 AM in response to TraciO13

What is the exact error message your correspondents are seeing?

The error message may be referring to the local storage on your device and not to the iCloud storage at all.

Even with plenty of free iCloud Storage you may be filling the local storage on your device with documents and data that are stored locally on the device. Try to delete old mails with large attachments, or check, if your Photos Library is using large amounts of local storage. This can happen, if not yet all photos have become optimised and replaced locally by smaller, light-weight versions. How much free storage do you have locally on the device?

Most of my received emails are stating storage is full but I am only using 70 of 256 that I am paying extra for

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.