You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple celebrates 10 years of Apple Pay. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay Fraud

I received this message, “APPLE PAY: Your card has been added to Apple pay successfully. If this was NOT you, cancel this setup: cancel-pay.net”

But I don’t even have a credit card, what does that even mean? Because I still see no cards in my Apple wallet.

iPhone 8

Posted on Oct 23, 2021 10:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 6:16 AM

Hello PlshelpmeSOS,

We would like to see how we can help you with this Apple Pay message. It appears this may be a phishing message, as you are not seeing any unexpected cards in your wallet.: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

Cheers!

5 replies

Oct 26, 2021 10:07 AM in response to ryane77

I don’t think it was a scam, the link that says cancel-pay.net links to a legit Apple website as well, at least I think. (The site is now down, but I think that may be down to the long time it has been since that message. But tbf, they did ask for credit card info, which I didn’t input) So I’m not really sure if it’s a scam or not. Given the verification code 3 years ago, I don’t think it’s a scam.

The situation right now is not that I have an unknown card in my Apple wallet, in fact there is nothing there, but I don’t understand why they messaged me saying my card has been added successfully when there’s no card anywhere.

Apple Pay Fraud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.