Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot work with m2ts and mts anymore since FCPX 10.6 update. FCPX freezes.

Even though Apple's website still claims that mts and m2ts files are compatible with FCPX 10.6, I cannot work anymore with m2ts and mts files since the last update to FCPX 10.6.

Last week, before the update to 10.6, I was able to add 60+ min M2TS files to my project and edit them without any problem. Now FCPX freezes at the waveform and thumbnail generation. At my last try, FCPX froze for 4+ hr and never came back. I had to Force Quit FCPX every time.

Am the only one having this problem? Thanks.

Macbook Pro 2020 M1 1TB 16 GB Ram ...

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 2:52 AM

Similar questions

10 replies

Oct 26, 2021 4:51 AM in response to mag444

Same issue here. 10.6 will not play my mts files and will not render waveforms. I upgraded to Monterey and the same problem persists. I tried creating optimized files and it was extremely slow. I canceled the render and FCP crashed. I restored a backup of 10.5.4 and restored my library and it worked fine again. 10.5.4 has absolutely no problem with these files. I will try again when they release a patch, but this is unusable for me as it is.

Oct 24, 2021 4:15 AM in response to mag444

Couple of things. Get rid of the keystone daemons. I don’t see Chrome but perhaps they’re installed by Google Drive. They’re always trouble in the macOS. Get rid of the LaCie software. If the LaCie is a spinning drive it would probably be better to format in HFS+. Make sure MalwareBytes isn’t running continuously.

The transport stream formats are terrible. Not sure where you’re getting them from. They are a framework used by AVCHD, but they don’t normally appear in that format in the application when importing from a camera card.

Oct 24, 2021 4:24 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks for the reply! I got thoses files from an Hauppauge HD Video Recorder which I used to capture VHS videos and a TV recorder videos. I guess it’s time to look for another capture solution…

Unless that’s a bug that’ll be adressed in a future patch, I feel that Apple is slowly forcing us to forget this format.

Thanks for everything!

Oct 26, 2021 5:46 AM in response to mag444

It may well be planned as transport stream formats are horrible encoding systems designed for acquisition and delivery only. Normally .mts files are embedded in camera card structures and can be imported from there and rewrapped in the process. If the files are from other sources, the files should be converted or rewrapped with other tools like EditReady.

Cannot work with m2ts and mts anymore since FCPX 10.6 update. FCPX freezes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.