Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

use ctrl+left click in applications

in macos, ctrl+left click is used as a right click.

some applications (older ones, no longer under active development) have specific features/actions mapped to ctrl+click (not re-mappable), but don't disable the system mapping to a right click.

is there any way to "force" send ctrl+click as ctrl+click to those applications without it being changed to a right click? i am talking any way, settings, scripts, third party software.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 3:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 1:02 PM

Try a macro app like Keyboard Maestro. You can remap any key to provide the control+click to a specific app. There are other macro apps in the App Store. I have over 100 KM macros from opening apps to changing preferences in Safari to adding predetermined text to posts like in these communities. I believe KM has a free demo version as some of the other also.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2021 1:02 PM in response to SevenChords

Try a macro app like Keyboard Maestro. You can remap any key to provide the control+click to a specific app. There are other macro apps in the App Store. I have over 100 KM macros from opening apps to changing preferences in Safari to adding predetermined text to posts like in these communities. I believe KM has a free demo version as some of the other also.

use ctrl+left click in applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.