Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone calls don't ring on Mac

Hello everyone.

I have a problem. I have an iPhone 11 and before I had a macbook air 2017 and calls coming to the iPhone successfully appeared in the macbook. I sold the macbook and bought a mac mini M1. And now the calls are not ringing.

1) Yes, they are on the same network.

2) Yes, all settings are enabled on both devices according to the manual on the apple website.

When I try to forward the call from the phone to the mac, the call just stops and the Call app crashes out.

What's up?

Latest updates on both systems.

Mac mini, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 10:18 AM

I found the problem in my setup. I have an M1 Mac Mini with 3 displays connected. One of these displays is connected via DisplayLink, which technically means the Mac is in "sharing mode" to make that work. There is a setting under "System Preferences > Notifications & Focus > FaceTime" at the very bottom where it says "Allow notifications." You need to turn on the checkbox that says "When mirroring or sharing the display" and this will allow your Mac to start ringing again when you receive calls on your iPhone. This must have been a change in Monterey as I didn't have this issue before the upgrade.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2021 10:18 AM in response to karina184

I found the problem in my setup. I have an M1 Mac Mini with 3 displays connected. One of these displays is connected via DisplayLink, which technically means the Mac is in "sharing mode" to make that work. There is a setting under "System Preferences > Notifications & Focus > FaceTime" at the very bottom where it says "Allow notifications." You need to turn on the checkbox that says "When mirroring or sharing the display" and this will allow your Mac to start ringing again when you receive calls on your iPhone. This must have been a change in Monterey as I didn't have this issue before the upgrade.

Iphone calls don't ring on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.