Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound of Iphone not working

The sound of my notifications is working, but the sound for the rest of my apps (Apple Music, Instagram, WhatsApp, etc...), is not working. When I turn the volume up or down it says that there are headphones on when there are in fact no headphones connected (not on bluetooth either). Why is this happening? How do I solve this?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 11:09 AM

Hi there CloeEV,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We're happy to help with this trouble you're having with the sound on your iPhone. This sounds like the device is stuck in headphone mode, and you've already reviewed the article If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker. The steps to take care of this can be found here:

If your iPhone is stuck in headphone mode

Let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2021 11:09 AM in response to CloeEV

Hi there CloeEV,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We're happy to help with this trouble you're having with the sound on your iPhone. This sounds like the device is stuck in headphone mode, and you've already reviewed the article If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker. The steps to take care of this can be found here:

If your iPhone is stuck in headphone mode

Let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards!

Sound of Iphone not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.