Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I retrieve a deleted text message

Can I retrieve a deleted text message from my iPhone

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 7:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 7:03 PM

IF you have not turned on iCloud Messages (Settings > (Your name) > iCloud > Messages > ON/OFF) and if the text message is in your last backup you can restore your iPhone from that backup. You will lose all data added since the date/time of that backup.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2021 7:03 PM in response to rosana242

IF you have not turned on iCloud Messages (Settings > (Your name) > iCloud > Messages > ON/OFF) and if the text message is in your last backup you can restore your iPhone from that backup. You will lose all data added since the date/time of that backup.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Oct 24, 2021 7:14 PM in response to rosana242

rosana242 Said:

"Can I retrieve a deleted text message from my iPhone"

-------

Recovering Deleted Text Messages:

Check a App on Another Device:

If an app (i.e. Messages) was enabled on any other iPhone or Apple computer, then check the Messages app on your Mac to see if it exists in it. You'd start up your Mac, not connecting to the Internet, and open the Massages app. Then proceed from there with retrieving it. Important: Be certain you do not connect to the Internet while booting up, as syncing would delete it. So, power off your router to avoid the connection.

Can I retrieve a deleted text message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.