Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to sign out apple tv

I gave apple tv to my friend. But I forgot to sign out. What should I do?

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 9:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 5:34 AM

The recommended way is to wipe a device before selling it or giving it away.

Reset or restore your Apple TV to its factory settings - Apple Support

Do ask your friend to reset the device to factory settings before use. Then s/he can set it up ‘as new’ with her/his own account.

To avoid use of services on your account by others, change the password of your Apple ID account, as well as passwords for other accounts that may be in use on that device (Netflix, Prime, etc.). If the password no longer matches, then the service won’t be available to them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2021 5:34 AM in response to mengyan257

The recommended way is to wipe a device before selling it or giving it away.

Reset or restore your Apple TV to its factory settings - Apple Support

Do ask your friend to reset the device to factory settings before use. Then s/he can set it up ‘as new’ with her/his own account.

To avoid use of services on your account by others, change the password of your Apple ID account, as well as passwords for other accounts that may be in use on that device (Netflix, Prime, etc.). If the password no longer matches, then the service won’t be available to them.

how to sign out apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.