Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone keeps switching between wifi and 5g.

My iphone 12 keep switching between wi-fi and 5g repeatedly. I can't figure out what to do. It was working fine before iOS 15, but now it keeps flipping back and forth between the two. What do I do???

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 9:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2021 9:35 PM

Drummer2203 Said:

"Phone keeps switching between wifi and 5g.: My iphone 12 keep switching between wi-fi and 5g repeatedly. I can't figure out what to do. It was working fine before iOS 15, but now it keeps flipping back and forth between the two. What do I do???"

-------

Two Things:

A. Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi Passwords, VPN Connections, etc)

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]

B. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

If Safari is slow, try clearing out your Temporary Internet FilesHistoryCache, and CookiesGo Here: Clear your Safari browser history and set up content blockers on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 24, 2021 9:35 PM in response to Drummer2203

Drummer2203 Said:

"Phone keeps switching between wifi and 5g.: My iphone 12 keep switching between wi-fi and 5g repeatedly. I can't figure out what to do. It was working fine before iOS 15, but now it keeps flipping back and forth between the two. What do I do???"

-------

Two Things:

A. Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi Passwords, VPN Connections, etc)

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]

B. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

If Safari is slow, try clearing out your Temporary Internet FilesHistoryCache, and CookiesGo Here: Clear your Safari browser history and set up content blockers on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Phone keeps switching between wifi and 5g.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.