Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote for macOS Mojave and Catalina from App Store

Hello, can you please help me install Keynote on Mojave and Catalina?

Trying to download and install through App Store gave me an error message "keynote can't be installed on .. because macOS version 11 or later is required."

While I was on Mojave, I tried several times over the past 1-2 years, and I always got an error message that Catalina or later is required. Now that I upgraded one of my machines to Catalina, it requires me to have macOS 11. This is very disappointing behaviour.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 12:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 2:01 AM

Periodically, since Fall 2013, Apple released a version of Pages that is tied to the current operating system, and Pages/Numbers/Keynote v11.2 are now tied to Big Sur and the forthcoming Monterey. Apple does not provide user downloadable, past full installers for these applications, and if you do not already have Mojave/Catalina compatible versions installed, you won't be able too.

Your only hope for Mojave and Catalina, where you do have these applications installed, is to possibly get the last supported version of these applications for that operating system. Launch the Mac App Store, and then press cmd+0 (zero). This opens the Purchases panel, where you will see an update button on these applications. When you click it, you will get the dialog telling you that you need Big Sur. After you dismiss that dialog, you may/may not receive a second dialog offering to download the last supported version of the application for the current operating system, even if you have it already, in which case the Download button on that dialog will do nothing.

Otherwise, you can use Pages for iCloud, or an existing version of these iOS/iPadOS applications, or the v11.2 versions on iOS/iPadOS 14.8/15.1.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2021 2:01 AM in response to Dex2

Periodically, since Fall 2013, Apple released a version of Pages that is tied to the current operating system, and Pages/Numbers/Keynote v11.2 are now tied to Big Sur and the forthcoming Monterey. Apple does not provide user downloadable, past full installers for these applications, and if you do not already have Mojave/Catalina compatible versions installed, you won't be able too.

Your only hope for Mojave and Catalina, where you do have these applications installed, is to possibly get the last supported version of these applications for that operating system. Launch the Mac App Store, and then press cmd+0 (zero). This opens the Purchases panel, where you will see an update button on these applications. When you click it, you will get the dialog telling you that you need Big Sur. After you dismiss that dialog, you may/may not receive a second dialog offering to download the last supported version of the application for the current operating system, even if you have it already, in which case the Download button on that dialog will do nothing.

Otherwise, you can use Pages for iCloud, or an existing version of these iOS/iPadOS applications, or the v11.2 versions on iOS/iPadOS 14.8/15.1.

Keynote for macOS Mojave and Catalina from App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.