Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote for Mojave

Hi . Im trying desperately to download Keynote onto my fairly old MacBook pro . Im running Mojave because Im told my 2013 model machine can't run a newer OS and the only version of Keynote that seems to be available on the I-Store runs on a more recent OS. For some reason Ive never had Keynote on my machine so I have no history of it.

I don't mind paying for this , I just really need to get it running ! Any suggestions?

Also - Im based on Ghana so there's no hope of any help from Apple.

Thanks in advance

Jim

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 8, 2021 2:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2021 8:40 AM

The only version of Keynote that is available is the current version in the Mac App Store with its Catalina and Big Sur operating system requirement. Apple does not provide past, full installers for older operating systems. You can sign in to iCloud, and use the web version of Keynote on Mojave.

Your 2013 MacBook Pro can upgrade as far as macOS Catalina (10.15.7) which would gain you access to Keynote v11.0 in the Mac App Store. Catalina only supports 64-bit applications and that may be an issue if you have any 32-bit application dependency that remains supported in Mojave. I would get the free Go64 application and run it to see a list of the 32-bit software that you currently have installed, and then you can decide whether upgrading to Catalina is practical for you.

If yours is a Late-2013 MacBook Pro, it can upgrade to Big Sur (11.3.1) directly from the Mac App Store, though you will be required to have 35.5 GB of available storage before you begin the download. It is 12.2GB in size compressed.

Should you decide to upgrade to Catalina, you will need to perform a last Time Machine backup, and check third-party applications for 64-bit versions that are compatible with Catalina. That also means determining if your printer/scanner vendors provide compatible 64-bit Catalina driver support.

To access Catalina in the Mac App Store you visit How to get old versions of macOS using strictly the Safari browser.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2021 8:40 AM in response to jimbobmad

The only version of Keynote that is available is the current version in the Mac App Store with its Catalina and Big Sur operating system requirement. Apple does not provide past, full installers for older operating systems. You can sign in to iCloud, and use the web version of Keynote on Mojave.

Your 2013 MacBook Pro can upgrade as far as macOS Catalina (10.15.7) which would gain you access to Keynote v11.0 in the Mac App Store. Catalina only supports 64-bit applications and that may be an issue if you have any 32-bit application dependency that remains supported in Mojave. I would get the free Go64 application and run it to see a list of the 32-bit software that you currently have installed, and then you can decide whether upgrading to Catalina is practical for you.

If yours is a Late-2013 MacBook Pro, it can upgrade to Big Sur (11.3.1) directly from the Mac App Store, though you will be required to have 35.5 GB of available storage before you begin the download. It is 12.2GB in size compressed.

Should you decide to upgrade to Catalina, you will need to perform a last Time Machine backup, and check third-party applications for 64-bit versions that are compatible with Catalina. That also means determining if your printer/scanner vendors provide compatible 64-bit Catalina driver support.

To access Catalina in the Mac App Store you visit How to get old versions of macOS using strictly the Safari browser.

Keynote for Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.