Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Related Article: What to do before you sell, give away, trade in, or recycle your Mac

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repair keyboard keys under warranty before trading in?

I have a couple of worn out keys and the butterfly hinge on the shift key is broken on my MacBook Pro i7 2.6GHz 15" (Mid 2018). Should I have them repaired under warranty before trading it in? Will that reduce the trade-in value if they would be replaced under warranty anyway?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 8:03 AM

They must have been referring to this:

https://support.apple.com/keyboard-service-program-for-mac-notebooks

That will probably not cover the worn out keys so you best mention it at the same time.

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 25, 2021 7:59 AM in response to babowa

I'm not sure about what warranty. I don't live near an apple store. While I was traveling in Utah I dropped into the Apple store there and told they would repair the keys under warranty but it would take a week and they would ship it to me when done. My biggest issue is that the black on the top of a few keys wears off and the light under shines through. I guess I'll have to go through the process of sending it in for repair before sending it in for trade.

Thanks

Repair keyboard keys under warranty before trading in?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.