Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Time between child's phone and mom's phone is out of sync and no longer controllable

I use Screen Time for my kid's phone through Family Sharing. I know my password and keep trying to disable the Screen Time on her phone so we can do some changes to options. No matter whether we are on wifi or not, when I turn Screentime off/on for her device, the changes are NOT being reflected on her phone. I can disable it on my phone and it's not disabled on her phone. Doesn't matter what I do or how many times I turn it off or on, her phone doesn't show any of the changes. Do I seriously have to wipe BOTH phones to get this to work? that this just insane. I know my password and her password, and she does NOT know my screentime password b/c her phone keeps saying 'Failed password' when she attempts to disable it. However when I put the correct passcode in on her device and it STILL tells me 'failed password'. It's like it's out of sync and I can't get it back in sync.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 9:51 AM

Hey ecplaskett,

It sounds like you're getting a password error when trying to adjust Screen Time settings. We can understand wanting to get that resolved. We want to help.

We'd recommend trying the steps in this article: If you forgot your Screen Time passcode 

Thanks!

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 26, 2021 10:53 AM in response to bailier

So that is not the issue from my side as the parent using the device that controls or applies the screen time to my daughter's device. The screen time password works perfectly fine on my device against her profile. On my device, I can see her screen time being turned on and off using my password that I set and gives me no error on my device. It is only her device that is not responding. So that sounds more like the passwords aren't in sync somehow? It was all working perfectly fine through last Friday and somehow over the weekend her device is no longer responding. We share the same wifi network obviously, so it's not an issue of her being off or on the wifi. I haven't changed the password and when I do, I make sure we are both on the same wifi. So whose phone gets wiped out? both of ours? that's hardly a good suggestion when I use my device for work and personal. There really isn't a better way to do this than wipe out both devices? that seems rather drastic and poorly planned.

Screen Time between child's phone and mom's phone is out of sync and no longer controllable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.