Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screentime can be unlocked on ipad with ipad PIN and not screentime pin

I have an iPad with a pin to get in. My family share the iPad so all know the pin.

I have then setup screentime for my kids and set a different pin to unlock screentime.

but on the iPad my daughter keeps changing her screentime password because to do so asks for the iPad PIN and not the screentime pin as you’d expect! So it’s impossible for me to set screentime unless I don’t allow my family to share the ipad.

Surely this is wrong? I should expect to change screentime passwords with the old screentime password and not the main ipad PIN? If this is correct, how can I stop my daughter disabling her screentime? I don’t even need to manage it on the ipad as I use my phone.

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 9:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 11:04 AM

Read:

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

It is designed that if you want to reset the code you need an Apple ID and password.

Make sure you haven't set the phone's passcode and the screen time passcode to be the same. If you truly think it is behaving the way you describe then contact Apple.

Contact Apple. Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service --> "See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2022 11:04 AM in response to amityuk

Read:

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

It is designed that if you want to reset the code you need an Apple ID and password.

Make sure you haven't set the phone's passcode and the screen time passcode to be the same. If you truly think it is behaving the way you describe then contact Apple.

Contact Apple. Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service --> "See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

screentime can be unlocked on ipad with ipad PIN and not screentime pin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.