Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you show email folders that are hidden?

When trying to create a new email folder I accidentally hid the ones I already had. Now I can't bring them back. How do I show them again on my side bar?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 11:50 AM

5 replies

Nov 21, 2021 6:03 AM in response to mulberry58

To the very right? To the right of my principal account name, in the column headed 'Mailboxes'? To the right of the (incompletely written in) account name there is a lozenge, with a number in it. The account name would end within the lozenge if the sausage weren'there – but it is. To the right of the lozenge there is a small space. Placing the cursor in that space – to the left, centre or middle of it – produces no response. Beyond the lozenge there is the scroll-sausage. This responds if the cursor moves over it, by changing from paleish grey to almost black.

I've another account, which appears below (after a line devoted to 'Notes' which Catalina appears to have put there). Nowhere to the right of this alternative account elicits any response when hovered over by the cursor.

A little more detail since I first wrote in. All my sub-folders are there (lower down, under 'In My Mac'. They are all empty, apart from a small number of mails I put in them since the disaster.

I found what I think are covert copies of the missing data, in ... Library–>Mail–>V4–>3B8F1D53-5483-41A1-BA81-54C6305CCF6B. The main likely file in this folder is called INBOX.mbox, but I can find no way to open it. Its size, 164 MB, suggests that it contains all the vanished files. If only ...

Thanks for your patience, Tony.

how do you show email folders that are hidden?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.