Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini M1 won't start properly?

I just tried to start up my new Mac Mini M1 for the first time. After pressing on/off button I can hear startup chime and colorfull screen appears (photos below). Two gray icons recycle continuously on screen and nothing else happends, no matter what I do. Seems like I should turn on some switch to be able to continue but there is no switches in Mac Mini! Also those odd, small magenta dots at the left side of icons keep popping up and disappearing as icons recycle. Some kind of error? I have reseted the computer several times, connected and disconnected all accessories but nothing seem to help.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 2:57 PM

Hello, Dodo9999.

Sorry that you're having this trouble with your new Mac.

The screen you see here is indicating to you that you need to turn on the power to the wireless keyboard and mouse (if that's what you have) or connect up your USB keyboard and mouse. The Mac cannot find the devices and therefore cannot proceed with the rest of the setup.

If you are using wireless devices, make sure that they have been charged (30 minutes or so to start) or have new batteries installed and that they are switched on.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2021 2:57 PM in response to Dodo9999

Hello, Dodo9999.

Sorry that you're having this trouble with your new Mac.

The screen you see here is indicating to you that you need to turn on the power to the wireless keyboard and mouse (if that's what you have) or connect up your USB keyboard and mouse. The Mac cannot find the devices and therefore cannot proceed with the rest of the setup.

If you are using wireless devices, make sure that they have been charged (30 minutes or so to start) or have new batteries installed and that they are switched on.

Mac Mini M1 won't start properly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.