Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ app OR upgrade to Apple TV 4K

I have a Sony Bravia TV (2012) and Apple TV 3rd generation. I would like to view Amazon Prime and HBO Max on my Sony TV but am stymied. Sony TV no longer offers the Amazon Prime option and I can’t access AirPlay from MacBook Pro Mid-2014. Is the Apple TV+ app the answer, or do I need to upgrade to AppleTV 4K?

Thank you

Apple TV

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 1:00 PM

The Apple TV app won’t help you access Amazon Prime. Besides, you would need to install that app on something, and a 2012 TV wouldn’t be supported without an external streaming device. The Apple TV HD or 4K box would help you access Amazon Prime and thousands of other apps.

Apple TV app vs. Apple TV box - Apple Community

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2021 1:00 PM in response to maresie

The Apple TV app won’t help you access Amazon Prime. Besides, you would need to install that app on something, and a 2012 TV wouldn’t be supported without an external streaming device. The Apple TV HD or 4K box would help you access Amazon Prime and thousands of other apps.

Apple TV app vs. Apple TV box - Apple Community

Apple TV+ app OR upgrade to Apple TV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.