Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple One and ICloud with family sharing

I signed up for Apple One Premier. My wife already has ICloud+ storage. We have family sharing. How does she unsubscribe from her storage plan and subscribe to the one through Apple One? We have had both for a couple of months, and it is not happening automatically. The storage amounts are the same. When she starts to unsubscribe from her storage plan, it asks ‘are you sure’, ‘you will lose the data” and all these other ominous questions.

thank you.

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 6:24 PM

Did you share your storage as described in the excerpt below from Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

To share iCloud+, you need iOS 11 or later, iPadOS, or macOS 10.13 High Sierra or later. For the best experience, make sure your family members' devices meet these requirements, too.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. If you haven't set up Family Sharing yet, set up Family Sharing
    2. Go to Settings > [your name].
    3. Tap Family Sharing.
    4. Tap iCloud Storage.
    5. Follow the steps to share your existing plan.
    6. Use Messages to let any family members with an existing iCloud+ plan know that they can now switch to your shared iCloud+ plan.

And did she switch her storage as described in the excerpt below from Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

1. Go to Settings > [your name].
    2. Tap Family Sharing, then tap iCloud Storage.
    3. Tap Use Family Storage. 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2021 6:24 PM in response to NewbyinWest

Did you share your storage as described in the excerpt below from Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

To share iCloud+, you need iOS 11 or later, iPadOS, or macOS 10.13 High Sierra or later. For the best experience, make sure your family members' devices meet these requirements, too.

1. If you haven't set up Family Sharing yet, set up Family Sharing
    2. Go to Settings > [your name].
    3. Tap Family Sharing.
    4. Tap iCloud Storage.
    5. Follow the steps to share your existing plan.
    6. Use Messages to let any family members with an existing iCloud+ plan know that they can now switch to your shared iCloud+ plan.

And did she switch her storage as described in the excerpt below from Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

1. Go to Settings > [your name].
    2. Tap Family Sharing, then tap iCloud Storage.
    3. Tap Use Family Storage. 

Oct 25, 2021 6:58 PM in response to FoxFifth

that does not come up as an option. When i tap Family Sharing, it shows the Apple TV, News, Music, Arcade that i am sharing with family. But for ICloud, it just says i am not using the one my wife shares. Does not give me the option to share the ICloud storage that comes with Apple One, as far as I can tell. When she taps Family Sharing and then ICloud storage, she is already using Family Storage that is under her plan.

Apple One and ICloud with family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.