Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant download Monterey on my Late 2014 iMac, purchased 2015

iMac, OS X 10.10

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 6:26 PM

Late 2014 iMacs are not supported.

macOS Monterey is compatible with these computers - Apple Support

8 replies

Nov 12, 2021 10:49 AM in response to Lanny

Being an owner of an late-2014 iMac 27" 5K Retina I'm not going to be able to upgrade my OS any further than Big Sur 11.6.1. I use my iMac mostly for photo editing in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop. Should I be concerned that I won't be able to use my iMac w. Adobe in the next 2-3 years?

If yes, rather than replacing the 2014 iMac w. a 2021 iMac I'm considering purchasing a Mac Mini and connecting to my 27" iMac. Should I go this route are there any downsides? Thanks.

Dec 29, 2021 3:36 PM in response to paulinefromjacksonville

paulinefromjacksonville wrote:

I need help as my old 2014 IMAC tried loading Monterey automatically since it was sent to me and has not been able to install it. I have tried un installing it and it has messed up Safari.

I am not able to click on any links and go to those new pages. Everything reverts to my home page.

How do I get this fixed?

Thanks!

You have a different sounding problem than the others, please start your own new question/topic and explain the history more precisely.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.