Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch rebooting won’t update

Hi my Apple Watch keeps resetting. It says it needs updating BUT when I start to update it, it reboots so I can’t update it. Any ideas?

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 11:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 2:58 AM

Check the level of charge in the battery, and recharge if necessary. Low battery is the most frequent cause for unexpected startup problems. If the watch is getting further through the process be aware multiple reboots are not uncommon as the software installs, and some of them can take almost for ever to complete.

If the problem doesn't clear after several hours, contact Apple Support for advice and troubleshooting.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2021 2:58 AM in response to Jordanhopla

Check the level of charge in the battery, and recharge if necessary. Low battery is the most frequent cause for unexpected startup problems. If the watch is getting further through the process be aware multiple reboots are not uncommon as the software installs, and some of them can take almost for ever to complete.

If the problem doesn't clear after several hours, contact Apple Support for advice and troubleshooting.

Apple Watch rebooting won’t update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.