Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can my iPhone X get a virus by clicking on/watching a YouTube video?

Can my iPhone X get any kinda of virus or malware just by clicking on/watching a YouTube video?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 11:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 1:23 AM

Mere clicking on a link anywhere for that matter will not harm your device or your personal data unless you provide the same info after clicking on a link.

Moreover, keep the iPhone updated to the latest iOS always and never Jailbreak. That's it.

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be infected with viruses / Malware / Spyware if it is updated to the latest iOS/iPadOS unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious software or unauthorized apps directly from the internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2021 1:23 AM in response to nueeahc

Mere clicking on a link anywhere for that matter will not harm your device or your personal data unless you provide the same info after clicking on a link.

Moreover, keep the iPhone updated to the latest iOS always and never Jailbreak. That's it.

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be infected with viruses / Malware / Spyware if it is updated to the latest iOS/iPadOS unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious software or unauthorized apps directly from the internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken. 

Can my iPhone X get a virus by clicking on/watching a YouTube video?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.