Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop white borders around cells in Numbers when printing?

Hi,

I have set up a spreadsheet in Numbers and added fill to parts of the sheet. The formatting looks correct on the screen, but when I export or print as a PDF there are white line borders around each cell. I have attached a screen shot or the screen and the PDF so you can see the difference. Is there a way to stop these white borders on the PDF? It doesn't occur with in Excel, just Numbers.

Mac mini, macOS 11.4

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 4:43 AM

6 replies

Oct 26, 2021 8:46 AM in response to BrizRumble

It's a bit counter-intuitive, but if I select all the dark cells, then click the top-right icon in the border layout box, then choose No Border, I get a pdf without the white lines:

PDF:

Choosing the top-left icon only applies the 'No border' style to the perimeter of the selected area, not to the individual cells.

How to stop white borders around cells in Numbers when printing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.