Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Monterey "Update Not Found" and "Is Not Available"

When I try to upgrade to Monterey I get the message that the file cannot be found. I am running a mid-2015 iMac 27" that is supposed to be compatible with Monterey. Is there a macOS Monterey alternate dowload site?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 6:08 AM

mcoombs wrote:

When I try to upgrade to Monterey I get the message that the file cannot be found. I am running a mid-2015 iMac 27" that is supposed to be compatible with Monterey. Is there a macOS Monterey alternate dowload site?

iMac late 2015 and later

iMac Pro 2017 and later

MacBook Air early 2015 and later

MacBook Pro early 2015 and later

Mac Pro late 2013 and later

Mac mini late 2014 and later

MacBook early 2016 and later

macOS Monterey hardware requirements—

https://www.apple.com/macos/monterey/#section-router

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2021 6:08 AM in response to mcoombs

mcoombs wrote:

iMac late 2015 and later

iMac Pro 2017 and later

MacBook Air early 2015 and later

MacBook Pro early 2015 and later

Mac Pro late 2013 and later

Mac mini late 2014 and later

MacBook early 2016 and later

macOS Monterey hardware requirements—

https://www.apple.com/macos/monterey/#section-router

Oct 27, 2021 11:27 AM in response to mcoombs

I have the same issue (iMac 5K from 2015 can't find Monterey update) but I'd like to add some details.

• Software Update says I'm up to date. (I have 11.6.1)
  • However, If I search for Monterey in the App Store, I see it, and it says it "Works with this Mac".
  • When I click on the Get button it takes me back to System Update but with the error as noted by original poster "Update Not Found - The requested version of macOS is not available.

Edit: Apparently I have a 2014 iMac. I thought it was 2015. So the bug for me is that the App Store should not show it as compatible.

macOS Monterey "Update Not Found" and "Is Not Available"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.