Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I download the apple wallet app on my iPad Pro?

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 7:05 AM

No. The Wallet App is unique to iPhone due to hardware…

The iPhone Wallet uses NFC to wirelessly communicate with physical Point of Sale (PoS) terminals - NFC being the mechanism used by ApplePay (and Google’s Android equivalent) to securely exchange registered Credit Card details and authorise a payment.

The Apple Wallet App has dependency upon NFC hardware which is absent from all models of iPad. Consequently, the Wallet App is not available for iPad. Whilst perhaps a moot point, consider the practicalities of attempting to bring a specific area of an iPad (which may be sizeable) within close range of a PoS terminal!

Whilst iPad does not have a Wallet App per-se, iPad does have Wallet in iPad settings. Here you can register Credit Cards for ApplePay - but this is not intended for NFC. Instead, iPad is able to participate in remote e-commerce payments - such as a website.

I hope this explanation brings useful clarity as to the capabilities of both iPad and iPhone in context of ApplePay and Wallet.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2021 7:05 AM in response to 3omar8

No. The Wallet App is unique to iPhone due to hardware…

The iPhone Wallet uses NFC to wirelessly communicate with physical Point of Sale (PoS) terminals - NFC being the mechanism used by ApplePay (and Google’s Android equivalent) to securely exchange registered Credit Card details and authorise a payment.

The Apple Wallet App has dependency upon NFC hardware which is absent from all models of iPad. Consequently, the Wallet App is not available for iPad. Whilst perhaps a moot point, consider the practicalities of attempting to bring a specific area of an iPad (which may be sizeable) within close range of a PoS terminal!

Whilst iPad does not have a Wallet App per-se, iPad does have Wallet in iPad settings. Here you can register Credit Cards for ApplePay - but this is not intended for NFC. Instead, iPad is able to participate in remote e-commerce payments - such as a website.

I hope this explanation brings useful clarity as to the capabilities of both iPad and iPhone in context of ApplePay and Wallet.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.