Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Anyone Tell Me What These iCloud Options Are?

I'm not sure if this is from my recent Big Sur clean install, or the subsequent upgrade to Monterey, but I've just noticed these these 3 options in my iCloud Drive Preferences. They were checked, but not knowing what they are, I've unchecked them. Does anyone know what these are?

Google search results haven't revealed anything the makes much sense to me.

Thank you.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2021 8:34 AM

callaway wrote:

I'm not sure if this is from my recent Big Sur clean install, or the subsequent upgrade to Monterey, but I've just noticed these these 3 options in my iCloud Drive Preferences. They were checked, but not knowing what they are, I've unchecked them. Does anyone know what these are?
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/541bb9e8-ab9b-44d9-83e7-d808c951d2f3

Thank you.

IMAgent is a process that listens for FaceTime invitations.

IMTransferAgent is a macOS and iOS system component that is part of Apple's built-in Instant Messaging app

sociallayered Post content to supported social networking services, using standard system interfaces.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2021 8:34 AM in response to callaway

callaway wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/541bb9e8-ab9b-44d9-83e7-d808c951d2f3

Thank you.

IMAgent is a process that listens for FaceTime invitations.

IMTransferAgent is a macOS and iOS system component that is part of Apple's built-in Instant Messaging app

sociallayered Post content to supported social networking services, using standard system interfaces.

Can Anyone Tell Me What These iCloud Options Are?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.