Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook is dead after Monterey update

Hello,

my MacBook pro was shutted down unexpectedly during the update process on Monterey. Before that fans were running on max speed for about 20 minutes and I think it was the overheating problem. Now I can't turn on the laptop. I tried to reset SMC but it doesn't help. What now? Can be my MacBook damaged?

I'm really upset, how can this happen?? Apple should have some meachnism against overheating or unexpected shut down during software upgrade...

I've never noticed an unexpected shut down before. Notebook has been running well and not too hot.

MacBook Pro 13.3" (A1989).

Thank you.

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 3:59 AM

Please Contact Apple Support

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 31, 2021 10:46 AM in response to Sharhari

I did it, went to the Apple Store in Sol, Madrid and they couldn’t turn it on. They told me that they have to replace the main board and that it would cost around €550. Not reasonable as it was working perfectly before the update and it’s almost new, bought it in 2018 but it was in perfect conditions. Waiting for apple to say something as it seems we’re not the only ones.

My MacBook is dead after Monterey update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.