You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpod auto play

Is there a way I can deactivate Airpod pro automatically playing every time I put them in my ear ? It just starts playing and I have to turn it off manually … I just want no must whatsoever playing every time I put them n my ear . I can’t find a way to deactivate this setting on my 13 pro max

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 4:55 AM

8 replies

Oct 27, 2021 5:16 AM in response to bradmaynardd

Well I want the music to stop playing when I pull them out of my ear . I do want to listen to music but don’t want Apple Music to give me radio every time I put them in my ear . It’s like unexpected noise all of a sudden . I don’t feel I am in control rather the phone is in control . I want to play when I want and switch it off when I want .

all I want is no airplay automatically playing . But I do want to listen to music . If I turn auto Detection off the music continue to play if I pull my Airpod out of my ear .

Airpod auto play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.