Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I deleted my Apple ID account and now I cannot sign out of my Apple ID on my iPhone because the account does not exist hence the password does not exist too so I cannot log out

How can I log out of my old Apple ID since the password is not useful now?

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 8:41 AM

For information relating to 'How to delete your Apple ID account', click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT208504

"Make sure that you sign out of all your devices to avoid issues with apps that use your Apple ID account or iCloud. After your account is deleted, you can't sign out of iCloud or turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock on your devices. If you forget to sign out, you might not be able to use your device when your account is deleted."

Apple can reset a device if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. Try this online here --> https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2021 8:41 AM in response to Community User

For information relating to 'How to delete your Apple ID account', click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT208504

"Make sure that you sign out of all your devices to avoid issues with apps that use your Apple ID account or iCloud. After your account is deleted, you can't sign out of iCloud or turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock on your devices. If you forget to sign out, you might not be able to use your device when your account is deleted."

Apple can reset a device if a person can provide sufficient evidence of valid ownership. Try this online here --> https://al-support.apple.com/#/additional-support

Oct 28, 2021 11:25 AM in response to Community User

The Find My feature on a phone basically locks a phone to an Apple ID. This is also communicated to Apple. The service can also be remotely activated so it then places an Activation Lock message on your phone, plus offer a few other things along security and recovery lines. You need that Apple ID and password in order to remove the feature.

I don't know the details of how it works but I am guessing when you try to sign out it is connecting to Apple to tell Apple about the signout attempt and since your ID is no longer in Apple's database Apple is telling your phone something is wrong. It cannot verify the removal request identification with anything in its database. The phone is then refusing to let you do anything with it since it thinks you could be a thief trying to get access to the phone. Before Apple introduced Activation Lock it was relatively easy for thieves to reset devices and sell them. Many people complained about that so Apple introduced Activation Lock and now many people complain about that. You can't win, I guess.

Normally the Apple ID on a phone, working through the Find My validation service, is the way Apple determines that the person trying to remove it is the valid owner of the device. Only recently did they introduce the lock removal service whereby you demonstrate with paperwork that you are the owner of the device. Apple may then just do whatever they do to tell the phone to remove the Apple ID and all its data from the iPhone.

Oct 27, 2021 2:27 PM in response to Limnos

And what if it doesn’t work and they delete my Acct does that mean I can never use my phone again? And how do I know if it works or how do I know if my account is actually deleted does saying my Acct doesn’t exist a sign that it has been deleted on the Apple servers?

Oct 28, 2021 9:54 AM in response to Eric Root

So now if the activation lock works I can log in with another different Apple ID? Or it would want the deleted Apple ID because if it’s the deleted Apple ID then I’m dead and I cannot use the phone ever again

Oct 28, 2021 11:07 AM in response to Limnos

Well I’m glad to hear that but you said removal service is it the activation lock or it’s another different thing that I would have to apply for? Just to be a on the safe side so my phone doesn’t get locked

Oct 28, 2021 12:42 PM in response to Limnos

So now that I cannot off my find my iPhone only this demonstration of that link you sent to me that I sent to them the paperwork of the phone if they agree I’m the owner and approve it they’ll have to reset Everything on the phone even the Apple ID?

Oct 27, 2021 9:08 AM in response to Limnos

i mistakenly didn’t sign out I didn’t know you must sign out first I have applied for the Apple activation lock the link you sent how long will it Take b4 they can reset my phone?

Oct 27, 2021 2:20 PM in response to Limnos

So now if they approve they’ll manually reset my phone from their company? And everything will disappear including the Apple ID that I mistakenly didn’t log out from?

Oct 28, 2021 9:49 AM in response to Eric Root

So this is what it shows me this means it has been deleted then I’ll just have to wait and see if the activation lock would work or not and how would I know if the activation lock works or not?

I deleted my Apple ID account and now I cannot sign out of my Apple ID on my iPhone because the account does not exist hence the password does not exist too so I cannot log out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.