Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop my 2 iphones from ringing for each other

I replaced my landline with a second iphone (with different number & carrier than my first iphone).

I synced them, so they have same settings, apps, icloud account etc. The former landline phone number gets many junk calls. They ring on my first landline. I tried turning off "allow calls from other devices" on phone 1, but then I can't accept calls on my laptop. "Silence unknown callers" does not work for me, because I miss call abcks from doctors. How do I stop phone #2's calls from coming in on phone #1?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 11:44 AM

You said you tried turning off allow calls on other devices. Did that solve the problem with the other phone, ignoring the laptop inconvenience?

If you want calls on the laptop it will be difficult to stop calls on the other phone.

Stopping unknown callers is notorious for missing important calls. Spam calls are a plague that can't be stopped easily. Having some quiet time using Focus accepting only contacts is an option.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2021 11:44 AM in response to stupidoldperson

You said you tried turning off allow calls on other devices. Did that solve the problem with the other phone, ignoring the laptop inconvenience?

If you want calls on the laptop it will be difficult to stop calls on the other phone.

Stopping unknown callers is notorious for missing important calls. Spam calls are a plague that can't be stopped easily. Having some quiet time using Focus accepting only contacts is an option.

Oct 27, 2021 12:18 PM in response to LD150

Thanks for answering. I will see if junk calls go away on phone #1 when I don't allow calls from other devices. For sure calls on laptop (which I like) will go away.

I think Focus is new in IOS 15, which apple has not yet pushed to my SE2.

I have read that giving phone #2 a separate icloud identity will de-link my two phones, but I would rather not do that.

Oct 27, 2021 1:24 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

@stupidoldperson

That setting should do it, but I have mine turned off completely.

I did ask if it solves it if you turn it off completely.

Go to Settings, Your name, iCloud and turn off anything you don't want to share across all devices, like messages maybe.

Did you swap SIMS when you got the new phone?

In Settings, Phone, is 'My Number' correct?

Settings, Messages, does each phone have just one number for messages?

There seems to be a crossover somewhere.

Stop my 2 iphones from ringing for each other

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.