Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac mini M1 fan noise clearly heard from seated position

Just wondering if it is normal to be able to hear the fan from the desk seated position. My new Mac mini is on my desk next to my monitor. Its by no means loud and there is nothing else in my room making any noise, its a very quiet room.

From all the reviews I just thought I wouldn’t know it was on which isn’t the case, although I do have very sensitive hearing.

If I put my ear right next to Mac mini then I can hear the same noise but also there is secondary noise, this one is intermittent like a accessing high pitched noise, fortunately this cannot be heard from the seated position as its far more intrusive a noise.

If its normal then I can live with, just wondering if its worth trying to get a replacement, I was thinking I will probably put the mini under the desk or further away from me.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 3:34 PM

Hello.

I've had my M1 mini for about ten months, use it for probably 6-8 hours nearly every day and have never heard a fan noise or other mechanical noise from the unit. Mine is also near monitors, about 3 feet from me at the center of my desk. If it made noises, I know I would hear them.

Might be worth a call to Apple to discuss your concerns.

Good luck!

Regards,

Dale

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2021 3:34 PM in response to Inpresmoj

Hello.

I've had my M1 mini for about ten months, use it for probably 6-8 hours nearly every day and have never heard a fan noise or other mechanical noise from the unit. Mine is also near monitors, about 3 feet from me at the center of my desk. If it made noises, I know I would hear them.

Might be worth a call to Apple to discuss your concerns.

Good luck!

Regards,

Dale

Mac mini M1 fan noise clearly heard from seated position

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.