Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my Mac book is up to date but my iPad is not doing anything

what should I do? it is connected to my Mac book but all out shows is the iTunes sign and at the top it is telling me to go to support.apple.com and I go to the website and still can't figure out an answer to this

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 1:53 PM

Your issue isn’r particularly clear, but I guess that you’re attempting to restore your iPad:

If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

These support pages outline the available methods to restore an iPad - either from a backup, or to Factory Settings:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup – Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

Restore all content to iPad from a backup - Apple Support

You’ll need access to either a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of MacOS).

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes – Apple Support

Use of a PC or Mac computer is unavoidable. If you don’t have access to a suitable computer of your own, that of a helpful friend or family member will suffice. Alternatively, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) will be delighted to assist.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2021 1:53 PM in response to wcmel

Your issue isn’r particularly clear, but I guess that you’re attempting to restore your iPad:

If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

These support pages outline the available methods to restore an iPad - either from a backup, or to Factory Settings:

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup – Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

Restore all content to iPad from a backup - Apple Support

You’ll need access to either a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of MacOS).

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes – Apple Support

Use of a PC or Mac computer is unavoidable. If you don’t have access to a suitable computer of your own, that of a helpful friend or family member will suffice. Alternatively, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) will be delighted to assist.

my Mac book is up to date but my iPad is not doing anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.