Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What are the requirements to have AirPlay Receiver with macOS Monterey?

I have a iMac Late 2015, updated to Monterey, I am in the latest version. I don't see the AirPlay Receiver option in my System Preferences > Sharing > ...

Where can I find system requirement compatibility?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 27, 2021 1:58 PM

1. Available on MacBook Pro (2018 and later), MacBook Air (2018 and later), iMac (2019 and later), iMac Pro (2017), Mac mini (2020 and later), Mac Pro (2019), iPhone 7 and later, iPad Pro (2nd generation and later), iPad Air (3rd generation and later), iPad (6th generation and later), and iPad mini (5th generation and later). Older iPhone, iPad, and Mac models may share content at a lower resolution to supported Mac models when “Allow AirPlay for” is set to “Everyone” or “Anyone on the same network” in Sharing preferences.

(according to: https://www.apple.com/macos/monterey/)

So I guess that is why you are not seeing it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 27, 2021 1:58 PM in response to SamHeS

1. Available on MacBook Pro (2018 and later), MacBook Air (2018 and later), iMac (2019 and later), iMac Pro (2017), Mac mini (2020 and later), Mac Pro (2019), iPhone 7 and later, iPad Pro (2nd generation and later), iPad Air (3rd generation and later), iPad (6th generation and later), and iPad mini (5th generation and later). Older iPhone, iPad, and Mac models may share content at a lower resolution to supported Mac models when “Allow AirPlay for” is set to “Everyone” or “Anyone on the same network” in Sharing preferences.

(according to: https://www.apple.com/macos/monterey/)

So I guess that is why you are not seeing it.

What are the requirements to have AirPlay Receiver with macOS Monterey?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.