Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applications gone missing from Finder

Opened my Mac out of sleep and the Applications view in finder have gone completely missing.

They are still checked in the Preferences, so where did they go??

I have a Macbook Pro 2020 running on Big Sur 11.6

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 12:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 12:23 AM

analuciasoler Said:

"Applications gone missing from Finder: Opened my Mac out of sleep and the Applications view in finder have gone completely missing. They are still checked in the Preferences, so where did they go?? I have a Macbook Pro 2020 running on Big Sur 11.6"

-------

What to Do:

You must have clicked "Favorites" and minimized it (unknowingly). So, click on the ">" symbol when hovering over Favorites, and they should pop right up.

Screenshot:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2021 12:23 AM in response to analuciasoler

analuciasoler Said:

"Applications gone missing from Finder: Opened my Mac out of sleep and the Applications view in finder have gone completely missing. They are still checked in the Preferences, so where did they go?? I have a Macbook Pro 2020 running on Big Sur 11.6"

-------

What to Do:

You must have clicked "Favorites" and minimized it (unknowingly). So, click on the ">" symbol when hovering over Favorites, and they should pop right up.

Screenshot:

Applications gone missing from Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.