Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone from another country

Dear sir or madame,

a friend of mine has bought me a new iPhone and want to send it me via Post. I live in Germany, he lives in USA. Should I pay any fees for having the cell phone which is bought in another country?

Best regards,

Fatima Alakbarli

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 3:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 4:04 AM

Do not accept the phone, because USA uses cellular frequencies which are not compatible with European networks. It will probably not be accepted by the German networks, or at best it would have very limited functionality. Please see iPhone - Supported 5G and LTE networks - Apple for details of the different model numbers and regional compatibility.

Someone would also have to pay customs and import taxes when the phone arrived in Germany. That is probably not a good deal for a device which will not work properly.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2021 4:04 AM in response to fatimalakbar

Do not accept the phone, because USA uses cellular frequencies which are not compatible with European networks. It will probably not be accepted by the German networks, or at best it would have very limited functionality. Please see iPhone - Supported 5G and LTE networks - Apple for details of the different model numbers and regional compatibility.

Someone would also have to pay customs and import taxes when the phone arrived in Germany. That is probably not a good deal for a device which will not work properly.

iPhone from another country

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.