Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15 update

I have iPhone 6s and I’ve been using iOS 13.4 and new software update is iOS15.1, I have downloaded the update but cannot install it. There’s an error appearing when I try to install it. What could be the problem?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 8:22 AM

What is the error? Can you post a screen shot? Meanwhile, to update all of these requirements must be met:

• You need at least 6 GB of free storage
  • You must be connected to a Wi-Fi network (and not a personal hotspot) unless it is an iPhone 12 or 13 series with an active 5G network connection
  • The phone must be charged to at least 50%, and preferably plugged in so it stays above 50% during the update
  • The phone must not be in Low Power Mode
  • The phone must not be connected through VPN
  • The phone cannot be in Airplane mode

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2021 8:22 AM in response to anele08

What is the error? Can you post a screen shot? Meanwhile, to update all of these requirements must be met:

• You need at least 6 GB of free storage
  • You must be connected to a Wi-Fi network (and not a personal hotspot) unless it is an iPhone 12 or 13 series with an active 5G network connection
  • The phone must be charged to at least 50%, and preferably plugged in so it stays above 50% during the update
  • The phone must not be in Low Power Mode
  • The phone must not be connected through VPN
  • The phone cannot be in Airplane mode

iOS 15 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.