Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 camera not focusing on close objects or text

I noticed that iPhone 13 cam isn’t able to focus on close objects as well as my old 6s! Try to take a close-up pic of your id card or try to take close details on a flower, for example. It’s simply impossible, unless you move the iPhone further and zoom on the object from distance.

Instead 6s is perfect in doing so.

I discussed this issue with the staff at Apple Store in Turin and they simply could not solve the problem on my device because every iPhone 13 (even mini) in the store presented the same trouble. iPhone 11, 12, and 13Pro could do perfect close-up photos instead. This is really unacceptable and I am really disappointed considering the high price we pay for supposed excellence!!!

6s

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 9:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2021 7:24 AM

Hi dome40,

because I have a similar issue, I was looking around in the community and found this post: iPhone 13 camera unable to focus on close… - Apple Community

Unfortunately, there is no solution, yet. However, I thought it might be interesting for you as well to see that there is another post regarding this.

I hope there will be a solution soon.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2021 7:24 AM in response to dome40

Hi dome40,

because I have a similar issue, I was looking around in the community and found this post: iPhone 13 camera unable to focus on close… - Apple Community

Unfortunately, there is no solution, yet. However, I thought it might be interesting for you as well to see that there is another post regarding this.

I hope there will be a solution soon.

Dec 1, 2021 10:52 PM in response to dome40

I've got the same issue and it seems they've removed the close up functionality of the camera. I had it on my iPhone 6 which was the latest phone I had since we don't have $ to upgrade that often. Typing this on a 13" Macbook Pro 2009!

The only thing I found so far is the app Halide which might get back the closeup function, BUT it costs $50 to buy it lol. Thanks Apple. This is sooooo bad.

iPhone 13 camera not focusing on close objects or text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.