Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to start from scratch in transferring data to phone. it didn't work.

I accidentally screwed up when activating my husband's replacement phone. Now it's linked to my phone instead of his old phone. How to fix this.

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 10:27 AM

The first step would be to erase his phone. See this.

How to erase your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

The pick a method here to transfer the contents of his old phone to his new phone. If you still have the old phone, QuickStart works very well.

Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you are sharing an Apple ID, all bets are off. Your content will be merged with his.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2021 10:27 AM in response to Cartmomcpa

The first step would be to erase his phone. See this.

How to erase your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

The pick a method here to transfer the contents of his old phone to his new phone. If you still have the old phone, QuickStart works very well.

Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you are sharing an Apple ID, all bets are off. Your content will be merged with his.

how to start from scratch in transferring data to phone. it didn't work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.