Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

McAfee antivirus

Does Apple support McAfee antivirus ?

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 2:55 PM

I have had the pleasure of suffering with McAfee on my company owned Mac (wouldn't let any anti-virus have free rain on any of my personal Macs). 95% of the problems user have in the company I work for are related to McAfee. Spinning beach balls, blocking valid network connections or web sites, causing the system to panic, etc... And as far as I know, McAfee has not found any Mac specific malware.

MalwareBytes does a good job of remove malware that tricked you into installing it. To date, there is no active self spreading malware on the Mac. It all requires tricking you into installing it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2021 2:55 PM in response to tbrenn11

I have had the pleasure of suffering with McAfee on my company owned Mac (wouldn't let any anti-virus have free rain on any of my personal Macs). 95% of the problems user have in the company I work for are related to McAfee. Spinning beach balls, blocking valid network connections or web sites, causing the system to panic, etc... And as far as I know, McAfee has not found any Mac specific malware.

MalwareBytes does a good job of remove malware that tricked you into installing it. To date, there is no active self spreading malware on the Mac. It all requires tricking you into installing it.

McAfee antivirus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.