Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I think there's someone hacking my iPad data and passwords

i am only using 2 devices but there is someone hacking my data and sensitive passwords

need to stop back up downloads from files

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 1:14 PM

3 replies

Oct 28, 2021 3:53 PM in response to Mralphs

Mralphs Said:

"I think there's someone hacking my iPad data and passwords: i am only using 2 devices but there is someone hacking my data and sensitive passwords need to stop back up downloads from files"

-------

Verifying a Hacked Account:

A. See your Devices:

See where you are signed in.  Go Here: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

B. Modify your Credentials:

If something does not look familiar, then consider modifying your credentials, for Security & Privacy concerns, starting with a new password. Here is how it would work with Apple:

Oct 28, 2021 3:56 PM in response to Mralphs

You... think... there's someone hacking your iPad?

What are the behaviors or symptoms or messages that you are encountering that lead you to suspect a security problem?

There are lots of bogus mail messages and advertising pop-ups and other dreck around (falsely) claiming viruses and hacks, too.

Backups are normal and expected for an iPad, usually uploaded to iCloud automatically, or can be performed manually to a local Mac or Windows computer.

If you're concerned about security, having backups is one means to try to preserve your data.

I think there's someone hacking my iPad data and passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.