Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessing Apple TV on my smart TV

Do I have to have a special device to access Apple TV on my LG TV?

OLED65CXAUA,

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 8:08 PM

The OLED65CXAUA seems to be a 2020 model TV from the CX series. Those would be supported for the Apple TV app.

List of Apple TV app-supported devices - Apple

The Apple TV app would be either pre-installed, or downloadable from the LG Content Store.

With the Apple TV app on your smart TV or third party streaming device, you can access:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2021 8:08 PM in response to Johnnyhelp

The OLED65CXAUA seems to be a 2020 model TV from the CX series. Those would be supported for the Apple TV app.

List of Apple TV app-supported devices - Apple

The Apple TV app would be either pre-installed, or downloadable from the LG Content Store.

With the Apple TV app on your smart TV or third party streaming device, you can access:

Oct 29, 2021 1:34 AM in response to Johnnyhelp

link to a payment page

I’m not sure how the procedure guides users on smart TVs during sign-up,

but this is what online support document say:

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

↳ on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

↳ on your Mac

if you don’t have an Apple device

↳ on your PC with iTunes

↳ on Android or Chromebook

↳ on the web at tv.apple.com

Oct 28, 2021 9:55 PM in response to Urquhart1244

The info you provided is very helpful. Thank you. I was ultimately able to start watching the app on my LG TV after I was finally allowed to enter my credit card info online which will be applied when my 7-day trial is over. Up until then, I was shut out and thought that perhaps I needed to do something else. Apple ought to put a link to a payment page on the trial page. They simply gave a URL that didn't work for me over and over.

Accessing Apple TV on my smart TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.