Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

compatible Safari

I have macOS high sierra ver 10.13.6

i tried to download a non compitble safari version by mistake and now it tells me that the correct version is not compatible.

i need to fix this and any help is greatly appreciated.

iMac, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 4:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 4:10 PM

Safari is part of macOS, and updated with macOS.

If you’ve replaced Safari with some apparently-wrong version, restore Safari from your Time Machine backup.

If you have no backup, go fix that now and get backups going, and then you can install the macOS 10.13 combo update.

For a case such as this, a newer version of Safari usually means upgrading macOS. What upgrades are available depends on which iMac model this is; both model and model year. With both the model and model year, we can look up your upgrade options.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2021 4:10 PM in response to EagleEyes70

Safari is part of macOS, and updated with macOS.

If you’ve replaced Safari with some apparently-wrong version, restore Safari from your Time Machine backup.

If you have no backup, go fix that now and get backups going, and then you can install the macOS 10.13 combo update.

For a case such as this, a newer version of Safari usually means upgrading macOS. What upgrades are available depends on which iMac model this is; both model and model year. With both the model and model year, we can look up your upgrade options.

compatible Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.