Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AOL Mail keeps asking for my email password On my iPhone and iPad

Almost every hour AOL keeps asking for my email password. I read a post from about a year ago (post was from aehaas) fixing the problem for his Mac computer, but was wondering if someone has a fix for the iPhone and iPad. Thank you.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 4:12 PM

6 replies

Oct 28, 2021 4:26 PM in response to LAGirl24

LAGirl24 Said:

"AOL Mail keeps asking for my email password On my iPhone and iPad: Almost every hour AOL keeps asking for my email password. I read a post from about a year ago (post was from aehaas) fixing the problem for his Mac computer, but was wondering if someone has a fix for the iPhone and iPad. Thank you."

-------

Use of an App Password:

I used to use AOL. An App Password is indeed what it required for using AOL in the Mail app. Go Here: Create and manage third-party app passwords - AOL. Once created, use that password. See if you no longer get this error.

Is this an eMail?:

If this is an eMail prompting you for a password, then it is a phishing scam, and you are giving away your credentials. So, modify them immediately. Go Here: Reset or change your password - AOL

AOL Mail keeps asking for my email password On my iPhone and iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.