Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods3 show are 'ACCESSORY_MODEL_NAME_19'

linked brand new AirPods 3 to my two iPhones 12 mini and 12 pro, both running buggy 14.8.1, and the AirPods show on both phones as an 'ACCESSORY_MODEL_NAME_19'..

looks like quality control in apple is getting only worse..

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Oct 28, 2021 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2021 5:27 PM

Hey! I have the Iphone X and when i connected my airpod 3’s to my phone, it said the same thing. i was so confused. the spatial audio didn’t work as well. I updated my phone, and it said “Airpods” instead of the accessory model name 19. if it’s still like that, try updating your phone

6 replies

Nov 4, 2021 5:02 PM in response to SnickZ.

Hello SnickZ,

thanks for getting back to me. my guess it's just a faulty firmware.

it appears when I tap on the exclamation sign in the circle next to the AirPods under bluetooth.

happens on both of my phones: 12 mini and 12pro, both running 14.8.1

renaming airports doesn't help. I've tried to rename , reset, 'forget' and reconnect - no joy..

re-attaching screenshots from both phones as it appears the original ones were deleted.

and, no - I'm not going to upgrade to iOS 15, not until apple patch app the bugs. I'm done repeating same mistake year after year - upgrading to the latest OS release only to struggle with all the bugs and wait till apple fix them.

AirPods3 show are 'ACCESSORY_MODEL_NAME_19'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.