Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

final cut pro 10.6

I'm currently using the trial version of FCPX and would like to buy it. If I do at this point, will FCPX 10.6 version download? Or will it be the older version? (I don't have any projects on the trial version that I need to keep.) Thank you.

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 6:45 AM

You will download the current version, 10.6. The library you created in the trial version will update when you run 10.6. Once that’s done the older version will no longer be able to open it. If you can, I would recommend you stick with the trial version for a couple of more weeks. Hopefully there will be a badly needed update to the application by then.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2021 6:45 AM in response to bulldaddio

You will download the current version, 10.6. The library you created in the trial version will update when you run 10.6. Once that’s done the older version will no longer be able to open it. If you can, I would recommend you stick with the trial version for a couple of more weeks. Hopefully there will be a badly needed update to the application by then.

final cut pro 10.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.