Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I merge my itunes account with my apple ID?

Previously asked question. The answer was “no, try using family sharing”. This doesn’t work. I also had a legacy itunes account before we owned any apple computers and way before iPhone. When we set up our first mac years later, they suggested a .me username and we used the original itunes gmail account for our itunes password, since we already had several thousand dollars of music and video associated with that account.

It appears that set-up is no longer supported by apple - ie a different appleid and itunes account for purchases. Family share was supposed to be the answer. But it will only let you share the content associated with the appleid, not the itunes account that has a different id. So all of our music and video is stuck on an account that we can no longer share, or even access unless we’re on a version of os that allows separate accounts. IOS doesn’t appear to support this anymore, it’s just a single id - the appleid associated with that device.

any advice?

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 8:43 AM

Your iTunes account is an Apple ID account. You still can't merge Apple (iTunes) IDs.

If running IOS 14/15, go to Settings>Your Name>Media & Purchases. Click the portrait at the top left. That should allow you to sign into the App Store/iTunes using a different Apple ID.

1 reply

can I merge my itunes account with my apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.