Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD: Can I download Fitness+ workouts to these devices?

I am trying to find a clear statement from Apple whether downloading Fitness+ workouts to these devices is supported. The only definitive statement I can find is regarding downloading to iPads and iPhones but I'm not interested in that aspect.

I've added several workouts to "My Library" in the Fitness+ app but I can't tell if they've been downloaded or are simply shortcuts to these workouts.

I do not want to use internet bandwidth while using the workouts since my wife works and uses large bandwidth through the day.

I've searched online and have reviewed the online support manuals for these devices. No luck and I assume there is the possibility I've missed something.

Thanks

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 9:31 AM

4 replies

Oct 30, 2021 6:30 AM in response to lkrupp

Thanks.

Seems odd, though, that they'd then offer different storage options (32G and 64G). What's the point? The few Apps I have installed max out at 60MB in storage which would allow about 1000 apps to be installed (for 64GB...I hope my math is correct!). Subtract off operating system , etc and assume 500 apps. I can't imagine anyone doing that. Perhaps games suck up storage somehow (I'm not a gamer).

Oct 30, 2021 7:28 AM in response to david_tor

As I pointed out, streaming doesn’t buffer and doesn’t store anything on the device. The storage on the Apple TV is for tvOS, apps and their associated data. And you’d be surprised at how many apps and games people download. At one time there was a limit of 25,000 songs for iTunes Match and users were screaming bloody murder because they had over 100,000 songs they wanted uploaded. I mean, who could possibly listen to or even remember 100,000 songs... but they do.

Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD: Can I download Fitness+ workouts to these devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.