Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’d like to set up a S3 cellular watch with an iPhone with no cellular connection

I’d like to give my old cellular S3 to my daughter. She has an old iPhone that is not connected to cellular, so it has no phone number. Is it possible to connect a cellular watch to a phone without connectivity? I want her to have cellular capabilities on the watch. The watch is too old to do family sharing. Is there a way to solve this?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 7

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 11:33 AM

3 replies

Oct 29, 2021 1:03 PM in response to Nic312

This is correct. It must be Apple Watch 4 or newer. Assuming the watch is not damaged and functions, you could use it in trade towards a new Apple Watch SE 2020. I believe the watch in decent condition would net you $75 in trade and Apple Watch SE starts at $279, so for just a little over $200 you could get a brand new Apple Watch for your daughter and it would be covered under a new watch warranty.

I’d like to set up a S3 cellular watch with an iPhone with no cellular connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.