Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod mini no longer playing podcasts

Using the HomePod mini, Siri will no longer play any Podcast . When requested, replies “Sorry, there was a problem with Apple Podcast”. I believe this is likely linked to the latest update 15.1, as podcasts have broken since this update. Without this feature, I have little reason to use the mini at home.

Questions:

Is there a solution or workaround?

Is this issue widespread?

Is there an incoming patch?

Any info appreciated :)

HomePod mini

Posted on Oct 29, 2021 4:30 PM

7 replies

Nov 1, 2021 4:19 AM in response to MrCeee

I have the same problem on all of my 5 HomePod Minis after the 15.1 update.

I used to listen to german news from "Deutschlandfunk Nachrichten" in the morning or other times of the day and now Siri just answers that there is a problem with Apple Podcasts.

In one of the replies below I see that someone contacted Apple about it and they are aware of it, that's good to know.

I'll create a ticket too to let them know about the problem.

Nov 21, 2021 8:21 PM in response to MrCeee

If I try to play podcasts from my MacMini via the Podcasts app, it'll play for 30 seconds or so, then the audio dies, while the Podcasts app continue to 'play' (the clock shows it's playing. Also super disappointed I can't play podcasts from my desktop mac and a Homepod Mini network simultaneously. It will with the Music app, but not Podcast app. Both Apple apps. About to return the darn things.

HomePod mini no longer playing podcasts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.